Ad valorem property taxes are due every year on October 1 and are payable with no penalties through December 31. Taxes are considered delinquent beginning January 1 each year, and penalties apply to any payment made after that time.
Important Annual Dates
- October 1: Real Property Taxes are due and payable through December 31.
- January 1: Taxes become delinquent. Payments on or after this date will be charged delinquent tax fees plus 12% (annual) interest.
- January 31: Last day to make payments via check. After January 31, all payments must be via certified funds such as cashier’s check, credit card or debit card, or cash.
- Month of February: Court notices are mailed out.
- 3 consecutive weeks in March: Delinquent Property newspaper advertisement is published.
- First Tuesday (normally) in May: Annual Tax Sale is held.