Announced in 2021, the Cullman Revenue Commissioner’s website provides customers with access to purchase or transfer motor vehicle registrations when purchasing or trading in a vehicle. This online functionality was added in response to customer demand for an online access point for tag registration.
The TagIT Registrations online tool allows a customer to upload a bill of sale, title application, driver’s license, and proof of insurance directly into the revenue system vs. visiting a physical office to complete the registration transaction.
By actively engaging customers in their tag transactions, the online purchase option ensures customers have all documentation required for their tag purchases before ever starting the process. Customers simply scan a QR code with their smart phones to begin, or for those who prefer computer-based transactions, they may visit the Revenue Commissioner’s website at cullmanrevenuecommissioner.com.
The easy-to-navigate tool walks each customer through the required steps to payment. Once processed, all tags, registration receipts, and decals are mailed directly to each customer.
Certain rules do apply, so points to remember include the following:
- Online registrations are for vehicles purchased from Alabama car dealers only.
- Registrations must be completed within 20 days of purchase per Alabama law.
- Each registrant must create an account to initiate a vehicle registration.
- Required are valid contact and address information.
- Registrants must be able to upload a bill of sale, title application, driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
- The tool may be used to purchase a new tag or to transfer an existing tag.
- The tool is easy-to-navigate and is accessible via smart phone or computer.
- All tags, registration receipts, and decals are mailed upon completion of the transaction by Cullman Revenue Commissioner staff members in Cullman County’s Courthouse.
For questions or comments, e-mail the Cullman Revenue Commissioner at email@example.com.