Ad valorem property taxes are due every year on October 1 and are payable with no penalties through December 31. Taxes are considered delinquent beginning January 1 of the subsequent calendar year, and penalties apply to any payment made after that time.
Paying ad valorem property taxes is easy and convenient via the following methods:
Important Annual Dates
- October 1: Real Property Taxes are due and payable through December 31.
- January 1: Taxes become delinquent. Payments on or after this date will be charged delinquent tax fees plus 12% (per annum) interest.
- February 28: Last day to make payments via check. After February 28, all payments must be via certified funds such as cashier’s check, credit card or debit card, or cash.
- Month of February: Court notices are mailed out.
- First Tuesday (normally) in May: Annual tax lien auction is held.